These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things
I have been contemplating all the ways my life has been enhanced by the simplest of gadgets. Rather than rant about all the things that drive me crazy, I am going to provide a brief list of the benefits of modern technology.
#5 EPass - this is the advance payment of my tolls. Every time I zip through the express lane while twenty cars are waiting to hand their dollars to the booth, I say aloud, "I love my EPass." (Ask the boys, they will tell you it's true.)
#4 Online Banking - I love that I can pay some (not all) of my bills at my leisure. There is no writing checks, finding stamps, or even remembering to drop the envelopes in the mail. I look at my account to make sure my paycheck arrived, I find out when my EPass is replenished, and I keep dropping money into the kid's saving accounts with a click of the mouse.
#3 The Pampered Chef Cheese Grater - I have finally stopped buying pre-shredded cheese just to avoid the hassle of grating it. I like the way it works, I like the way it cleans up, and I like how convenient it is. The only thing I don't like is how long it took me to finally use it.
#2 iPod - Granted, it is really Collin's iPod (which he named "Bert" to complement the cell phone he calls "Ernie"), but it is so useful. Not only does it allow us to buy new songs from iTunes and load our own favorite CD songs, it is simple and easy for even not-quite-hip Moms like me.
#1 Fly Clear - This is the greatest invention since September 11. A private company pre-screens each individual and when arriving at the lengthy security line, you insert the card, scan your fingerprint, and are escorted past the people who already have their shoes off waiting to not beep through the metal detectors. While it is only available at Orlando International Airport, watch for it coming to an airport near you. For more information, check out www.flyclear.com.
#5 EPass - this is the advance payment of my tolls. Every time I zip through the express lane while twenty cars are waiting to hand their dollars to the booth, I say aloud, "I love my EPass." (Ask the boys, they will tell you it's true.)
#4 Online Banking - I love that I can pay some (not all) of my bills at my leisure. There is no writing checks, finding stamps, or even remembering to drop the envelopes in the mail. I look at my account to make sure my paycheck arrived, I find out when my EPass is replenished, and I keep dropping money into the kid's saving accounts with a click of the mouse.
#3 The Pampered Chef Cheese Grater - I have finally stopped buying pre-shredded cheese just to avoid the hassle of grating it. I like the way it works, I like the way it cleans up, and I like how convenient it is. The only thing I don't like is how long it took me to finally use it.
#2 iPod - Granted, it is really Collin's iPod (which he named "Bert" to complement the cell phone he calls "Ernie"), but it is so useful. Not only does it allow us to buy new songs from iTunes and load our own favorite CD songs, it is simple and easy for even not-quite-hip Moms like me.
#1 Fly Clear - This is the greatest invention since September 11. A private company pre-screens each individual and when arriving at the lengthy security line, you insert the card, scan your fingerprint, and are escorted past the people who already have their shoes off waiting to not beep through the metal detectors. While it is only available at Orlando International Airport, watch for it coming to an airport near you. For more information, check out www.flyclear.com.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home